The Latest Kitchen Trends
A recent analysis of kitchen trends by one of the largest manufacturers of kitchen cabinets in North America offers some interesting insights to help you plan your kitchen remodel.
- 59% of kitchen renovations involve changing the kitchen’s footprint to be more open and to include other rooms in the home.
- 49% of kitchen remodels increase the kitchen size.
- Islands continue to be among the most requested feature. The most popular uses of islands are as follows: entertaining, seating and meal preparation
- The top design motifs for 2018 are:
- Mixing materials is another hot trend with 49% of designers stating that they believe mixing an opaque with a stain is a top 2018 trend.
- Another hot trend is a contemporary look that mixes metals with traditional accent pieces.
- Cherry and maple continue to dominate stained cabinet sales, but there is a growing trend for wood finishes that show more grain and character.
- Trends on the watch list include:
- Metal accents
- Contrasting finishes
- Dramatic textures
- Light filled spaces
- Feminine influences
- Greige tones
- The leading cabinet enhancements are:
- Wide/deeper drawers with organizers
- Floating/open shelves
- Built-in appliances
- Integrated cabinet lighting
- Built-in seating
To learn how you can capitalize on storage solutions and the latest industry trends to help create a dream kitchen, please give us a call at 215-657-6110 or visit our showroom at 2124 Moreland Road, Abington, PA.